The Simply Group is a family of companies sharing common values, interests, and practices to deliver energy efficient residential and commercial solutions so Canadians never have to sacrifice comfort or quality for essential services. With steady year-over-year growth and over $750 million in rental assets, Simply Group is one of Canada’s leaders in whole-home comfort. Our team of over 140 employees take an innovative approach to offer a comprehensive source of solutions that improve the status quo for ourselves, our communities and our clients. We are committed to making things better for everyone and advancing the careers of all our employees.
Simply Group serves customers across Canada through 4 brands. Our companies are divided into four categories; Home Comfort, Lighting, New Construction and Lending. We are proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified for five straight years and winner of the 2019 Best Business of the Year award from the National CanadianSME Business Awards. Join us on our path to success! https://www.mysimplygreen.com/
We are looking for an experienced Collections Specialist to provide support to our growing Collections department. Managing delinquent accounts and providing excellent customer service while negotiating payment terms with customers are a large part of the Collections Specialist’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be able to work flexible hours, is motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing and has a passion for helping people.
- Serve as team member in the Simply Group Collections team-Crown Crest Capital.
- Negotiate payment terms and methods when right party is reached. The process often requires reviewing the account information in database, and/or asking probing questions of the customer in order to better understand potential objections to payment.
- Overcome stalls and objections & suggest solutions for debt payment.
- Utilize payment options (credit cards, direct checks) and secure this information so that administrative services can process.
- Negotiate settlements outside of normal guidelines, authorize credit bureaus deletions, negotiate payment arrangements over a longer span of time than normal, close accounts within certain guidelines.
- May advise management regarding collection strategy effectiveness for various portfolios
- May help resolve higher level disputes
- Make-it-happen perspective and approach.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to be courteous and persuasive.
- Exceptional communication, both written and verbal in English.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skill set.
- Goal oriented and able to make business focused decisions.
- Proven ability to process high volumes of work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Certificate in business, administration or similar.
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience in the following areas: Banking and Finance Industry
- Minimum 3 Years of Accounts Receivable /Collections experience required
- Minimum of 2 Years of Skip Trace experience required.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & Monthly bonuses
- Two weeks paid vacation.
- Health benefits
- Weekday shifts: between 8AM and 8PM, Saturday shifts between 8:30AM and 12:00PM
All candidates will be considered, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. Simply Group is happy to provide accommodation through the recruitment and interview process, and beyond.