Dispatch Coordinator – Installation Department, Full Time, Toronto.
Find your spot at Simply Group!
The Simply Group is a family of companies sharing common values, interests, and practices to deliver energy efficient residential and commercial solutions so Canadians never have to sacrifice comfort or quality for essential services. With steady year-over-year growth and over $1.45 billion in rental assets, Simply Group is one of Canada’s leaders in whole-home comfort. Our team of over 400 employees take an innovative approach to offer a comprehensive source of solutions that improve the status quo for ourselves, our communities and our clients. We are committed to making things better for everyone and advancing the careers of all our employees.
Simply Group serves customers across Canada through multiple brands. Our companies are divided into four categories; Home Comfort, Lighting, New Construction and Lending. We are proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified for six straight years and winner of the 2019 Best Business of the Year award from the National CanadianSME Business Awards. Join us on our path to success! https://www.mysimplygreen.com/
Simply Green Home Services’ Installation team is looking for a Dispatch Coordinator. You will be a part of a team of professionals working to ensure all our clients and technicians feel like family.
The Dispatch Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling installation appointments and/or service requests. The day to day duties of the role include contacting installers, service technicians, equipment distributors, warehouse partners, clients and sales agents to ensure our clients receive superior service and care through the installation/service process. The ideal candidate will be someone who knows how to work collaboratively and respectfully with all parties, has critical thinking skills and a make-it-happen attitude. They must also be flexible to work during our hours of operation-Monday to Sunday 8AM to 9PM.
The Dispatch Coordinator is responsible to ensure every job is completed in a timely manner, as well as to document and escalate any installation related issues to their manager. This role is a cornerstone in the efficient operation of the Installation team.
We are a high-growth company and recognized as one of Canada’s Best Places to Work. Our team values a ‘make-it-happen’ mindset and looks to bring on professionals who desire to grow in a fast-paced environment.
- Dispatch, schedule and close out client installation/service calls.
- Process service requests prepare paperwork for escalated calls to ensure full customer satisfaction using both common and proprietary concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs.
- Arrange for necessary repairs to restore service and schedules.
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors via telephone.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel to address questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment.
- Prepare daily run schedules.
- Receive and prepare work orders.
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization to coordinate service and schedules.
- Create and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
- Determine types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required according to work orders or specifications.
- Order supplies and equipment and issue them to personnel.
- Develop a deep understanding of all company products, services and processes.
- Action oriented.
- Exceptional Communication, both written and verbal in English.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills dealing with individual and unique situations as they arise.
- Proven ability to process high volumes of work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to work on several tasks at once, with competing priorities.
- Demonstrate high collaboration within and across teams to get the job done.
- 2+ years of experience in a dispatch role.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Proven experience in exceptional communication and organization.
- Proven ability to learn new processes and systems.
- Experience in dispatch or home services is preferred.
Please note this role requires flexibility for shifts Monday through Sunday, 8AM-9PM.
All candidates will be considered, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. Simply Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Simply Group is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Team will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.