Marketing Manager Job Description
Full Time, North York, ON
Find Your Spot at Simply Group!
Simply Group is a family of companies sharing common values, interests, and practices to deliver energy-efficient residential and commercial solutions, so Canadians never have to sacrifice comfort or quality for essential services. With steady year-over-year growth and over $1.45 billion in rental assets, Simply Group is one of Canada’s leaders in whole-home comfort. Our team of more than 400 employees takes an innovative approach to offer a comprehensive source of solutions that improve the status quo for ourselves, our communities and our clients. We are committed to making things better for everyone and advancing the careers of all our employees.
Simply Group serves customers across Canada through multiple brands. Our companies are divided into five categories: home comfort, lending, lighting, new construction, and green living. We are proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified for six straight years and winner of the 2019 Best Business of the Year award from the National CanadianSME Business Awards. Join us on our path to success! https://www.mysimplygroup.com
We’re on the hunt for a talented, skilled, best-in-class marketer to join our growing team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Marketing, this ambitious self-starter will drive and execute a wide range of marketing campaigns and reporting activities.
The ideal candidate is comfortable planning and executing traditional marketing campaigns that increase brand awareness, engage and activate audiences, and drive meaningful communications. The position requires a flexible professional that can respond to evolving business priorities and needs in a fast-paced environment. They must have the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively with various audiences, be a strong writer, and possess meticulous attention to detail. Working knowledge of digital marketing is an asset. If you’re a skilled marketer and a great team player, we’d like to meet you!
- Assist in the planning and execution of all marketing activities and promotional programs to drive interest and sales
- Ensure brand messaging is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts (including events, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material)
- Own the marketing automation process for all brands, including program setup and deployment, nurture paths and communication touchpoints, audience segmentation requirements, database management, etc.
- Understand key marketing performance metrics to provide forecasts, competitive analysis, campaign results and consumer trends to translate results into actionable insights
- Collaborate with cross-functional business groups to uncover insights and opportunities to develop and implement marketing strategies to boost brand awareness
- Monitor the competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features)
- Measuring and reporting performance of all marketing campaigns, identifying trends and insights and optimizing spend and performance based on the insights
- Collaborate with external agencies and vendors to manage ongoing programs and budgets
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or college equivalent program in marketing, business, communications or a related subject
- 4-5 years’ experience working in a marketing manager role in a company with multiple lines of business
- Successful track record in marketing fundamentals and creating marketing campaigns
- Excellent leadership, communication decision-making and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience using CRM and marketing automation tools
- Working knowledge in online analytics tools (Google Analytics, Omniture, WebTrends) is an asset
- Experience with digital and print marketing, content marketing and social media marketing
- Excellent written (spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.) and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Ability to meet deadlines and a “get it done” no-task-to-small attitude
- Self-motivated and independent team player who strives for excellence
All candidates will be considered, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. Simply Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Simply Group is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Team will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.