Bilingual Collections Specialist (English and French), Toronto, ON, Full Time.
Find your spot at Simply Group!
The Simply Group is a family of companies sharing common values, interests, and practices to deliver energy efficient residential and commercial solutions so Canadians never have to sacrifice comfort or quality for essential services. With steady year-over-year growth and over $1.45 billion in rental assets, Simply Group is one of Canada’s leaders in whole-home comfort. Our team of over 400 employees take an innovative approach to offer a comprehensive source of solutions that improve the status quo for ourselves, our communities and our clients. We are committed to making things better for everyone and advancing the careers of all our employees.
Simply Group serves customers across Canada through multiple brands. Our companies are divided into four categories; Home Comfort, Lighting, New Construction and Lending. We are proud to be Great Place to Work-Certified for six straight years and winner of the 2019 Best Business of the Year award from the National CanadianSME Business Awards. Join us on our path to success! https://www.mysimplygreen.com/
We are looking for an experienced Bilingual Collections Specialist to provide support to our growing Collections team. Managing past due accounts and providing excellent customer service while collaborating on payment terms with customers are a large part of the Collections Specialist’s day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be able to work flexible hours, is motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing and has a passion for helping people.
- Serve as team member in the Simply Group Collections team-Crown Crest Capital.
- Confirm the right party is reached to facilitate credit recovery discussions.
- Negotiate payment terms and methods. The process often requires reviewing the account information in the database and/or asking probing questions of the customer in order to better understand potential objections to payment.
- Overcome stalls, objections and suggest solutions for debt payment.
- Utilize payment options (credit cards, direct checks) and secure this information so that administrative services can process.
- Negotiate settlements and payment arrangements outside of normal guidelines, authorize credit bureau deletions, and close accounts within certain guidelines.
- Provide feedback regarding collection strategy effectiveness for various portfolios.
- Help to resolve escalated disputes.
- Must be able to make 150 calls per day.
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Certificate in business administration or related field of study.
- Minimum 3 years of prior experience in the Banking and Finance Industry.
- Minimum 3 Years of Accounts Receivable/Collections experience required.
- Minimum of 2 Years of Skip Trace experience required.
- Bilingual in both French and English (Required).
- Make-it-happen perspective and approach.
- Able to perform in a fast paced, results driven environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to be courteous and persuasive.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in both French and English.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skill set.
- Goal oriented and able to make business focused decisions.
- Proven ability to process high volumes of work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel and Word).
All candidates will be considered, however only qualified candidates will be contacted. Simply Group is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Simply Group is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Team will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.